Health concerns may arise when excessive mold has grown indoors. Mold effects your health. Concerns are more likely to arise for “at risk” people, who might include immune suppressed or compromised individuals, young children and individuals with chronic inflammatory lung diseases such as asthma and severe allergies.
People may experience health effects associated with exposure to mold in damp buildings or home. Possible health effects include: runny nose, sneezing, coughing, aggravation of asthma, sore throat, or inflammation of the sinus.
Molds use wood, cellulose and paper products as food sources. When these items are exposed to moisture, molds can flourish and grow. The most important safeguard against mold growth is to remove excess moisture. Also, excessive moisture should not be allowed to remain in your home or building over a long period of time. Contact Disaster Master if you have a mold problem in your home or building.